Sometimes it’s easier to drink your greens than to eat them! And that’s totally fine! This is a basic green drink recipe that you can have a lot of fun with and get creative making up your own version.
- A handful (or more) of greens. Kale, spinach, or swiss chard are good options
- 1 frozen banana
- 1 handful of any other frozen or fresh fruit you like (strawberry, mango etc. Check out the organic frozen fruit section at the grocery store).
- 1 cup or more of water or however much you need for the drink to blend well.
Place all ingredients in a blender (the Nutri Bullet is really easy) and blend until smooth.
Optional add ins:
- a date
- the juice of a lemon or lime
- hemp seeds
- coconut water
- fresh herbs like mint, basil, cilantro or parsley
- 1 teaspoon of spirulina powder
- 1 teaspoon of barley grass juice powder