Did you know that popcorn is a whole grain? This healthy kettle corn makes a perfect treat for fall or any time of the year!
- 1/4 cup of ORGANIC HEIRLOOM popcorn kernels (very important because corn is usually GMO-contaminated)
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons unrefined coconut oil
- 1/4 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
Air pop the popcorn. Place coconut oil in saucepan along with maple syrup and bring to a simmer. Stir in pumpkin pie spice and sea salt. Pour over popcorn and mix well. Adjust to your taste preferences based on how sweet or salty you like it.
Sometimes it’s easier to drink your greens than to eat them! And that’s totally fine! This is a basic green drink recipe that you can have a lot of fun with and get creative making up your own version.
- A handful (or more) of greens. Kale, spinach, or swiss chard are good options
- 1 frozen banana
- 1 handful of any other frozen or fresh fruit you like (strawberry, mango etc. Check out the organic frozen fruit section at the grocery store).
- 1 cup or more of water or however much you need for the drink to blend well.
Place all ingredients in a blender (the Nutri Bullet is really easy) and blend until smooth.
Optional add ins:
- a date
- the juice of a lemon or lime
- hemp seeds
- coconut water
- fresh herbs like mint, basil, cilantro or parsley
- 1 teaspoon of spirulina powder
- 1 teaspoon of barley grass juice powder