If you don’t like broccoli that’s okay. You’ll like it after your try these!! This makes a great side dish or an excellent snack.
- 2 medium heads of broccoli
- *avocado oil spray
- 3 tablespoons fresh squeezed lemon juice
- sea salt
- Shredded parmesan cheese (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375°
- Wash broccoli in cold water thoroughly
- Cut the stem off the broccoli then cut into small pieces.
4. Grease baking sheet with avocado spray.
5. Place broccoli in a single layer on baking sheet.
6. Spray with avocado oil spray to completely coat. Massage with hands.
7. Bake for 25 minutes or until broccoli starts to get slightly browned/slightly crunchy & amazing!
8. Squeeze fresh lemon juice down over the top. Sprinkle with sea salt. An optional topping is shredded parmesan.
1 piece local organic fruit with 1 handful raw organic nuts
1 organic apple with 2 tablespoons nut butter
half an avocado w/ sea salt and handful organic corn chips
handful of strawberries w/ 1/4 cup plain coconut yogurt, drizzle of raw honey
1 rice cake with 1 tablespoon nut butter and drizzle of raw honey
1 piece gluten free toast with 1 tablespoon nut butter, sliced banana, drizzle raw honey
1/4 cup plain coconut yogurt w/ 2 tablespoons granola
1/2 cup gluten free granola with hemp milk and handful blueberries
1 grapefruit, drizzle raw honey & handful raw nuts
green drink (recipe link)
handful carrots w/ 2 scoops of hummus
gluten free crackers (10-15) w/ 2 tablespoons hummus
handful organic corn chips w/ 2 tablespoons Bitchin’ sauce
cucumber with lemon juice, sea salt and Bitchin’ sauce
2 cups organic popcorn with extra virgin olive oil, sea salt and garlic powder
Baked sweet potato fries are great on top of a salad, inside a gluten free taco with vegetables, or eaten on their own dipped in hummus. Sweet potatoes have a high amount of Vitamin A which is a natural anti-inflammatory known to create healthier skin and help get rid of acne causing bacteria!
- 2 organic sweet potatoes (enough for 2-3 people)
- Avocado oil spray (*brand below)
- Sea salt
- Preheat oven to 425°
- Wash and scrub sweet potatoes with plain water
- Peel potatoes with a peeler OR leave on skin if you prefer (skin on = more fiber = get fuller quicker)
- Cut the sweet potatoes
- Grease baking sheet with the avocado oil and place potatoes on sheet. (Allow them each to lay flat so they cook evenly. This may require using two baking sheets).
- Spray avocado oil over potatoes so that each potato is lightly and completely coated. Use your hands to toss them around.
- Sprinkle with a dash of sea salt.
- Bake for 20 minutes then check on them. Turn them with spatula.
- Bake for another 10 minutes. Keep cooking until they start to brown then take them out. They will not get crisp like regular potatoes. They will stay soft.
Each type of oil (example: olive oil, coconut oil) has its own smoke point. A smoke point is the temperature that the oil begins to smoke. In cooking, we don’t want this to happen. When an oil gets heated above its smoke point it creates free radicals which are not great for your body. This particular avocado oil is made for high heat cooking. It is safe up to 500°
A list of each oil and its smoke point can be found here: SMOKE POINTS
And if you’re looking for the best sweet potatoes in the world check out this stand at the Leucadia Farmer’s Market: