Brown rice is something that everyone can learn how to make! One of the best places to put brown rice is on top of a salad.
- 1 cup organic brown rice
- 2 cups filtered water
- Place 1 cup of brown rice in a rice strainer and rinse well with cold water. (this removes phytic acid making the rice easier to digest)
- Put rice in the pot. Add 2 cups of filtered water
- Bring rice to a boil
- Cover rice and turn heat to low
- Simmer slightly for 35 minutes or longer, until water has dissolved
How to buy rice:
- Go to the bulk section at the store with a brown paper bag. (Whole foods has the choice of brown paper bags and plastic bags. Use the paper! Then, save the bag for the next time you need rice).
- Fill with as much organic brown rice as you’d like
- Label the bag with the number on the bin so the cashier knows the item code for checkout.