Have a craving for ice cream? Try this smoothie instead. We bet it’ll satisfy your sweet tooth while nourishing your body and giving you some high vibe fruit energy. This is a great smoothie for before or after exercise!
- 1 frozen banana
- 1 date (remove seed from inside)
- 1/2 cup of unsweetened vanilla almond mylk
- 1 teaspoon peanut butter
- 1/2 cup of ice
- pinch of cinnamon
Blend all ingredients together until smooth. Add more or less almond mylk depending on the thickness you prefer. Enjoy 🙂
Did you know that popcorn is a whole grain? This healthy kettle corn makes a perfect treat for fall or any time of the year!
- 1/4 cup of ORGANIC HEIRLOOM popcorn kernels (very important because corn is usually GMO-contaminated)
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons unrefined coconut oil
- 1/4 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
Air pop the popcorn. Place coconut oil in saucepan along with maple syrup and bring to a simmer. Stir in pumpkin pie spice and sea salt. Pour over popcorn and mix well. Adjust to your taste preferences based on how sweet or salty you like it.
Sometimes it’s easier to drink your greens than to eat them! And that’s totally fine! This is a basic green drink recipe that you can have a lot of fun with and get creative making up your own version.
- A handful (or more) of greens. Kale, spinach, or swiss chard are good options
- 1 frozen banana
- 1 handful of any other frozen or fresh fruit you like (strawberry, mango etc. Check out the organic frozen fruit section at the grocery store).
- 1 cup or more of water or however much you need for the drink to blend well.
Place all ingredients in a blender (the Nutri Bullet is really easy) and blend until smooth.
Optional add ins:
- a date
- the juice of a lemon or lime
- hemp seeds
- coconut water
- fresh herbs like mint, basil, cilantro or parsley
- 1 teaspoon of spirulina powder
- 1 teaspoon of barley grass juice powder
Looking for a little boost? Try one of these natural, caffeine free options:
1.5 tablespoons of powder goes in the morning green drink
Defrost in refrigerator and pour liquid into ice cube trays. Freeze. Pop a cube out in the morning and place in water or juice. Once the algae cube has melted, drink!
Drink 1 ounce shot on an empty stomach. Swish wheatgrass in mouth for at least 30 seconds to help make it easier to swallow and improve oral health. After taking the shot, wait 30 minutes before eating.
When possible, buy local bee pollen which you can sometimes find at your farmer’s market. Sprinkle on a smoothie or eat it straight. Start with 1/8 teaspoon and work up from there.
If you don’t like broccoli that’s okay. You’ll like it after your try these!! This makes a great side dish or an excellent snack.
- 2 medium heads of broccoli
- *avocado oil spray
- 3 tablespoons fresh squeezed lemon juice
- sea salt
- Shredded parmesan cheese (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375°
- Wash broccoli in cold water thoroughly
- Cut the stem off the broccoli then cut into small pieces.
4. Grease baking sheet with avocado spray.
5. Place broccoli in a single layer on baking sheet.
6. Spray with avocado oil spray to completely coat. Massage with hands.
7. Bake for 25 minutes or until broccoli starts to get slightly browned/slightly crunchy & amazing!
8. Squeeze fresh lemon juice down over the top. Sprinkle with sea salt. An optional topping is shredded parmesan.
1 piece local organic fruit with 1 handful raw organic nuts
1 organic apple with 2 tablespoons nut butter
half an avocado w/ sea salt and handful organic corn chips
handful of strawberries w/ 1/4 cup plain coconut yogurt, drizzle of raw honey
1 rice cake with 1 tablespoon nut butter and drizzle of raw honey
1 piece gluten free toast with 1 tablespoon nut butter, sliced banana, drizzle raw honey
1/4 cup plain coconut yogurt w/ 2 tablespoons granola
1/2 cup gluten free granola with hemp milk and handful blueberries
1 grapefruit, drizzle raw honey & handful raw nuts
green drink (recipe link)
handful carrots w/ 2 scoops of hummus
gluten free crackers (10-15) w/ 2 tablespoons hummus
handful organic corn chips w/ 2 tablespoons Bitchin’ sauce
cucumber with lemon juice, sea salt and Bitchin’ sauce
2 cups organic popcorn with extra virgin olive oil, sea salt and garlic powder
Baked sweet potato fries are great on top of a salad, inside a gluten free taco with vegetables, or eaten on their own dipped in hummus. Sweet potatoes have a high amount of Vitamin A which is a natural anti-inflammatory known to create healthier skin and help get rid of acne causing bacteria!
- 2 organic sweet potatoes (enough for 2-3 people)
- Avocado oil spray (*brand below)
- Sea salt
- Preheat oven to 425°
- Wash and scrub sweet potatoes with plain water
- Peel potatoes with a peeler OR leave on skin if you prefer (skin on = more fiber = get fuller quicker)
- Cut the sweet potatoes
- Grease baking sheet with the avocado oil and place potatoes on sheet. (Allow them each to lay flat so they cook evenly. This may require using two baking sheets).
- Spray avocado oil over potatoes so that each potato is lightly and completely coated. Use your hands to toss them around.
- Sprinkle with a dash of sea salt.
- Bake for 20 minutes then check on them. Turn them with spatula.
- Bake for another 10 minutes. Keep cooking until they start to brown then take them out. They will not get crisp like regular potatoes. They will stay soft.
Each type of oil (example: olive oil, coconut oil) has its own smoke point. A smoke point is the temperature that the oil begins to smoke. In cooking, we don’t want this to happen. When an oil gets heated above its smoke point it creates free radicals which are not great for your body. This particular avocado oil is made for high heat cooking. It is safe up to 500°
A list of each oil and its smoke point can be found here: SMOKE POINTS
And if you’re looking for the best sweet potatoes in the world check out this stand at the Leucadia Farmer’s Market: